Monday, April 05, 2004

Letters in the Modesto Bee, my hometown newspaper

So every Saturday, on the front of the Modesto Bee's "Life" section, they feature a "Faith and Values" segment, with some sort of cover story. Apparently, last Saturday's story was about Rosie O'Donnell and her partner. For a good insight into my community, read on:

From Lisa Burris, concerned citizen:

I cannot help but wonder if I'm alone in feeling a bit offended finding the picture of Rosie O'Donnell and her lover on the front of the Faith & Values section (March 27). What place did it have there? In turning the page, I was even more upset to find it opposite the children's page with current and historical information and other informational tidbits that I usually encourage my children to check out.
I appreciate having some choices as a parent, thank you very much, and you gave me no choice. No Modesto Bee that day.


And this gem from Sheila Jarvis:

What do two women breaking the law have to do with faith and values? And if it is perversion, as a lot of your readers feel it is, why is it next to the Mini Page for Kids?

:::Sigh:::

Oh well, give 'em another twenty or thirty years, and we'll see what happens...


<< Home
|