Tuesday, April 27, 2004

AZZ WHOOPIN'!

John Kerry continues with the punches--I gotta say, at this rate, he might turn me into a full-blown groupie. For some reason that completely defies logic or political foresight, Republican officials such as Karen Hughes continue to attack Kerry on various pithy details about his service in Vietnam. Well, today he responded, beautifully, on "Good Morning America":

"This is a controversy that the Republicans are pushing...The Republicans have spent $60 million in the last few weeks trying to attack me, and this comes from a president and a Republican Party that can't even answer whether or not he showed up for duty in the National Guard. I'm not going to stand for it."

Oh, but it gets better. Here, he's addressing the Republican hypocrites, such as, well, everyone who's making these attacks (and including Bush, Cheney, Hughes, etc.):

"I did obviously fight in Vietnam, and I was wounded there, and I served there and was very proud of my service. To have these people, all of whom made a different choice, attack me for it is obviously disturbing."

That's fuckin' right. I don't have any problem with people opting not to go to Vietnam in the first place. I wouldn't have either, I'm sure. But I'm sure as hell NOT gonna accuse ANYONE who volunteered to go to war of shirking their duties, you know? That's just dumb.


<< Home
|